Rakibul Alam is a Master of Engineering student in pavement engineering at the Memorial University. He was previously at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) from where he completed his Bachelor of Science in civil engineering with major in transportation engineering.
As part of his research at BUET, he has worked on the determination of road crash factors of urban areas, identification of high-risk roads in national highway network, and on a comparative study of the fundamental diagrams of traffic flow due to shockwave. During his academic life, he was awarded several scholarships including prestigious “Dean’s List Award” for exemplary performance in the final year of his undergraduate study. After completion of his bachelor degree, he served faculty of civil engineering at University of Information Technology and Sciences (UITS), as a lecturer.
At present, he is a member of the research team of Advanced Road and Transportation Engineering Lab (ARTEL). His research interests include pavement materials, asphalt characterization and modelling, pavement asset management etc.
- Alam R, & Hoque M M. (2018). Safe System and Countermeasures for Vulnerable Road Users in Dhaka City. 4th International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD-2018). Khulna, Bangladesh. (ISBN: 978-984-34-3502-6)
- Ahmed A J M M U, Hasan M T, Alam R, Hoque M S. (2017). Characteristics of Fundamental Diagrams Due to Shockwave by Non-lane Based Heterogeneous Traffic. 9th International Structural Engineering and Construction Conference. Valencia, Spain. (ISBN: 978-0-9960437-4-8)
- Alam R, Hoque M M, Sarkar S, Rokon A, Ahamed F. (2016). Crash Problems and Countermeasures for Vulnerable Road Users in Dhaka City. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 71-78
- Sarkar S, Hoque M M, Alam R, Ahamed F, Rokon A. (2016). Identification of High-Risk Road Locations on National Highway N2 of Bangladesh Using GIS. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 120-127
- Rokon A, Hoque M M, Ahamed F, Alam R, Sarkar S. (2016). Pedestrian Safety Hazards at Uncontrolled Roadway Sections near School Zones at Tongi. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 79-86