Surya Swarna is a PhD student in pavement engineering at the Memorial University. He is currently working on understanding climate change effects on pavement performance.
He holds a master’s degree in Transportation Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and has 3 years of research experience in pavement engineering. He was involved in research related to the mechanistic analysis of concrete pavements and evaluation of various pavements using falling weight deflectometer and bump integrator.
In addition, he has experience in advanced rheological characterization of asphalt binders using dynamic shear rheometer (DSR) to obtain complex shear modulus and phase angle, multiple stress creep recovery (MSCR) and linear amplitude sweep (LAS) test parameters. He has published and presented his research papers at various national and international conferences and reputable journals.
- Swarna S T, Hossain K, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2018). A Mechanistic and Economic Analysis of Two-Lift Concrete Pavements. Road Materials and Pavement Design. Under Review.
- Hossain K, Bazan C, Hussein A. Swarna S T. (2018). Long-Term Aging Protocol of Asphalt Mixture: A State-Of-The-Art Review. Construction & Building Materials. Under Review.
- Swarna S T, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2018). Effect of Extended Dry Lean Concrete Base on Flexural Stresses in Concrete Pavements. Journal of the IRC, Indian Roads Congress, 79(2), 25-28.
- Swarna S T, Reddy K S, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2018). Analysis of Stresses Due to Traffic and Thermal Loads in Two-Lift Bonded Concrete Pavements by Finite Element Method. Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, 7(2).
- Swarna S T, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2017). A Re-examination of Structural Safety of concrete pavements with wider pavements. Journal of the IRC, Indian Roads Congress, 78(1), 22-26
- Swarna S T, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2017). A Mechanistic Analysis of Bonded Concrete Pavements. Highway Research Journal, Indian Roads Congress, 8(1), 17-26
- Swarna S T, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2017). Analysis and Design of Concrete Pavements: A New Approach. IRC Highways, Indian Roads Congress, 45(12), 37-42
- Swarna S T, Siddhartha P. (2015). Stabilization of Subgrade soil of Highway Pavement using Waste Tyre Pieces. IJIRSET, 4(5), 3265-3274.
- Swarna S T, Hossain K, Reddy M A, Pandey B B. (2018). A Mechanistic Study of Two-Lift Concrete Pavements: Design & Economics. 98th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of National Academics for Science and Engineering. Washington DC, USA. Accepted.
- Swarna S T, Hossain K. (2018). Effect of Interface Bonds on Pavement Performance. Innovation and Technology: Evolving Transportation. Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Annual Conference. Saskatoon, SK, Canada. Accepted.
- Swarna, S. T., Reddy, K. S., Reddy, M. A., & Pandey, B. B. (2016). Analysis of Bonded Concrete Pavements Using 3D FEM. TPMDC Conference, Conference Proceeding 151.